1. “I am an artist of my own creation. I like myself.” – Sondra Ray
Promise yourself that you will not narrow your vision, disrespect your self-confidence or let anybody accomplish it successfully. Only fools can condemn you but even they cannot do it without your consent. You are equally significant to this universe as anybody else is; therefore, stop hating yourself for anything or any reason.
2. “People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives.” – J. Michael Straczynski
Stop blaming people for your failure; it is neither circumstances nor people around you who are responsible for it. By doing so, you are not only wasting your precious time but also consoling yourself with excuses that will never let you realize how your life could have been filled with constant and unexpected encouragement if you had made up your mind on doing your best.
3. You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. ~Jan Glidewell
Past seems to be so charming and fascinating that you can’t let it go. Go there as a guest! Go there once in a while, unwind your mind and Come Back with some valuable timeless lessons to start a new chapter of your life. Don’t go there to stop for a long time or clutch it tightly; otherwise, it will grip you in its spellbound moments and never let you embrace the present.
4. “…be yourself- not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.”
― Henry David Thoreau
Stop being the second-rate version of you by accepting the other’s definition of your-self. All they will do is make you someone else. Remember. Nobody wants other people to be worth more than themselves. If you keep listening to their Dos and Donts you will definitely lose your self-worth, crush your nature or dull your shine. Enjoy the supreme version of your-self. Listen to everyone but do what you feel is the best thing for you.
5. We humans have tendencies to endure the horrors we are familiar with than to accept or seek out the unseen pleasure or delights. Our fear of discomforts, drawbacks and challenges that accompany Change keep us from embracing it. Remember, change is an attribute of an intelligent mind; it awakens the stagnant-self and helps it to evolve as a person. Change brings salvation; therefore, accept it to make your life better with full of meaningful experiences.
“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” – C. S. Lewis
6. Do not ignore the beauty of small things and let go the things that make you happy. Greatest success, biggest achievement, highest pleasure and greater strength and beauty always lie in a string of small little things. If you overlook them today, there will soon come a day you’ll regret your loss. Never underestimate the small things, they have profound significance in our lives.
7. Don’t pretend to be fine when everything is not ok with you. Suppressed feelings are quiet, noiseless and dangerous that will suffocate you if they are not expressed to the near and dear ones. People who really understand you will surely help you to come out of it.
“Suppressed grief suffocates, it rages within the breast, and is forced to multiply its strength.” ~Ovid
8. Stop running behind perfection, it is unattainable. People who strive for perfection in everything are not even good in anything; therefore, aim at excellence, which is real and attainable.
“The world itself is pregnant with failure, is the perfect manifestation of imperfection, of the consciousness of failure.”- Henry Miller
9. Stop being jealous insecure. It is a disease of an immature mind. A competent, courageous and self-confident person can never be jealous because they know they are always ahead. If you are jealous, you are wasting your precious time counting others’ blessings.
10. Don’t fear of making mistakes because that’s how we learn great things. Mistakes are the foundation of truth from which successful people get profited.
“If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.” – John Wooden
11. Stop regretting over your past mistakes because good judgments always come from bad experiences. Life is full of risks and demands a jump into it. We all make mistakes and they appear to be mistakes only because they are taken in wrong time and for a misunderstood cause.
“I only follow my voice inside, if it guides me wrong and I do not win I’ll learn from my mistakes and try 2 achieve again” ~Tupac
12. Never allow anybody let you down. Mean people often try to bring your level down as they don’t have guts to raise their standard at your level. Such people are quite in a number, so avoid their company to maintain your sophistication.
13. Stop complaining about others or holding grudge against. Grudge weighs heavily and impacts negatively on everything we say, think or do. You are doing harm nobody but yourself with this troublesome, heavy feelings; therefore, it is better to express or forgive the person.
“To carry a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee.” William H. Walton
14. Don’t be ungrateful, life without thankfulness is like a .life without love, and happiness. Every day is a new day of your life, start it with a thankful heart to fill your life with joy.
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough” ― Oprah Winfrey
15. Stop wasting your time with wrong and negative people. It is far better to be alone and live without such people; they make you feel the loneliest in the world. Investing your faith in wrong person costs your happiness for your whole life.
Written by: Mousumi Kumar Saha