“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
1. “Love yourself—accept yourself—forgive yourself—and be good to yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” ~Leo F. Buscaglia
Each one of us is the infinite source of wonderful things that ‘come out best’ if we truly love and accept ourselves the way we are, and forgive ourselves for the past mistakes. Exploring our deep within is the most adventurous journey we can embark upon to find out the most treasured pieces, the most beloved portrait of self and the purity of soul.
If you can’t love yourself, you cannot expect love from others.
2. “Love yourself or no one else will.” – Unknown
People who don’t love themselves are extremely monotonous and completely uninteresting with low confidence and suffer from inferiority complex. How would you feel in their company? Surely not good! The same way how can you expect people to be loving and fair with you when you aren’t fair to yourself?
3. Loving yourself creates a belief and faith system with which you contribute to the world in unique ways. A strong self-belief builds a positive perception of yourself about the things around and the world. When you are in conflict about yourself in deep within, you perceive the whole world as fault. Work on building a stronger self. When your actions become positive, you witness a sea change in your life and it becomes more positive and meaningful.
4. We all are blessed with just one precious life. Should we waste it by not loving ourselves? If anybody can put yourself down, then it is you; promise yourself you are not going to underestimate your self esteem and dignity by hating yourself anymore.
“Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.” ― C. JoyBell C.
5. “People who love themselves come across as very loving, generous and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness and inclusiveness.” ― Sanaya Roman
Forgiveness, generosity and humility these are some healthy habits that are born within you the very moment you start loving yourself. Learn to Accept yourself with faults. Accept yourself even if you are not what you aspire to be. Love yourself accepting all your mistakes and weaknesses. Unconditional Self- Acceptance will train you to treat others with compassion. It creates more positive environment and inspires you to be good to life.
Written by: Mousumi Kumar Saha