Motorola’s Xoom tablet is the first device launched with new version of Google’s mobile operating system, Android 3.0, and Honeycomb. Honeycomb introduces a classy user interface designed for the Xoom tablet. It has impressive appearance and striking similarity with ipad; therefore, can be regarded as the best alternative of killer ipad.
From widespread anticipation, it comes out that Motorola Xoom Android tablet will give a competitive glory to Apple’s hottest product ipad.
Motorola Xoom offers plenty of applications, tonnes of potentials but the product feels imperfect for quite a few reasons. A quite number of promised software as well as hardware features are not functional at the time of its launch. In spite of uncompromising prospective of Google’s promising tablet software, it has quite a few feature gaps and coarse edges that reveal its lack of maturity.
• 10.1-inch, 1280×800 screen
• 1GHz Dual Core Tegra 2 Processor, 32GB internal storage, MicroSD support
• Verizon 4G Connectivity
• $600 with two-year contract/$20/month for 1GB usage
• Android 3.0 Honeycomb
• It is running Google’s Android operating system, which is specifically designed for running tablets. Therefore, speed is extremely fast.
• It is small like ipad; so, handy and portable
• It supports Micro SD card, which supports bigger storage spaces.
• Its design is solid and tough that gives a better protection from being damaged and
• HDMI output to connect your tablet to your HDTV
• As of now, Android Tablet is not ready for some applications.
• As far as affordability is concerned, it is quite a bit expensive. While the entry price for Apple’s ipad is only $499 which goes up to $829 depending upon the series and models of ipad; the start price of Xoom without a cell-phone contract is $800, which is 60% more pricy than ipad.
• It is not light weight (1.6 pounds) and
• Wonky media playback, tethering/mass storage via USB
The Motorola Xoom is powered by an NVIDIA Tegra 2 SoC, which combines a dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with an 8-core GeForce Ultra Low Power GPU. The Motorola Xoom’s 10.1-inch capacitive multi-touch display has a 16:10 aspect ratio and high resolution of 1280×800 pixels. Moreover, it has 1GB of RAM and a spacious 32GB of internal storage capacity and a variety of sensors—a compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, and ambient light detector.
The Motorola Xoom has two docks-a HD dock with a pair of speakers for hands-free, video chats as well as media viewing and slandered sized that works as a stand while on charge. It supports Motorola’s Bluetooth keyboard and standard Bluetooth headsets. The new Bluetooth keyboard comprises keys for home and the pull-down menus, which significantly improves its usability.
However, one problem has become apparent from users complaint that the two bottom ports were quite tough to connect to the corresponding jacks.
Battery life is fine in Xoom about 18-20 hours on one charge. Its 10 hours of battery life similar to Apple ipad and battery life will minimize with more processor-intensive tasks. It can play videos for up to 10 hours without any interruptions.
However, users are eager about its aesthetically pleasing appearance and superfast speed with new technology and literary excited to have it in their hand.
Written by: Mousumi Kumar Saha