The Notebook, an adaptation of the bestselling novel by Nicholas Sparks and directed by Nick Cassavetes is an achingly tender and romantic love story of Noah Calhoun and Allie Nelson whose love affair was tragically put to an end. The compassionate couple Allie and Noah fall in love, get separated after a brief intimate moment together and later reunite despite having taken completely different paths.
The story starts with a man (Noah Calhoun) in a nursing home, reading a story of a young couple to a woman (Allie Hamilation) who has lost her memory in an illness and no more recognizes him. Despite the fact, Noah’s love for Allie hasn’t diminished or faded with the passage of time. He keeps remembering her all the tender memories they spent together, she recalls everything but only for moments. The Notebook is certainly the most enduring, poignant, emotional and compelling love story of all time. Following are 10 Inspirational Quotes from the Movie:
1. “Miracles,no matter how inexplicable or unbelieveable, are real and can occur without regard to the natural order of things” ~The Notebook
2. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”~The Notebook
3. “I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”~The Notebook
4. “love that awakes the soul, puts a fire in the heart and brings peace to mind.”~The Notebook
5. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”
6. “stop thinking about what everyone thinks?
Stop thinking about what I want,
What he wants.
What your parents want.
What do you want?
What do YOU want!?”
7. “Life is not about keeping the promises, its about following your heart.”
8. ““We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken a lifetime to learn. It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is the great paradox.”
9. “Every great love starts with a great story…”
10. “Silence is pure and holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking.”